Skip to main content Skip to search

Employment Visa

A valid employment visa is necessary if a foreign employee is employed by a Hong Kong company and is residing in Hong Kong. The employment visa is normally issued for one year and is renewable thereafter. Applications for employment visas can be submitted to the Immigration Department in Hong Kong only after a foreign employee has secured an employment with a Hong Kong company. The foreign employee, with good character, must be a graduate from an academic institution either in Hong Kong or an overseas country. He must also possess special skills, knowledge or experience that are highly valuable to the Hong Kong economy but not readily available in Hong Kong. Each application is considered on its own merit.

Furthermore, a foreign professional with an “Employment for Professionals” visa and is continuously residing in Hong Kong for at least seven years can apply for the “Permanent Resident” status in Hong Kong.

Investment as Entrepreneurs Visa

Quality Migrant Admission Scheme

Dependent Visa for Family

Visa Application